Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Help! I'm Drowning!

I'm drowning in junk food. Junk food that I can't resist. Everywhere I look, everywhere I turn, I see this:

And This:

And This:

I walk across the floor, and stumble over this:
That's right, Cherry Cordial Hershey's Kisses. Did you know that it's possible, while engulfed in the pages of a good book, to eat an entire bag of these without even realizing it?
When I'm feeling munchy, which is, like, ALL THE TIME lately, and I look in the cupboards, this is what I see:

After Christmas dinner, there was so much pie left over. I knew, that if I'd just eat it all, I'd remove the temptation. I never usually buy sweets. I don't make desserts, as a rule. Not that I'm against it, mind you, but after having pulled together a main dish and two sides, I don't feel the need to make dessert too. I need to hire someone to do that. Or depend on neighbors that like to take their friends dessert. Like really good brownies. (Hint, hint AJ)
Anyway, when all the festivities are done, the junk food will be gone. After a few days of wicked sugar withdrawals, everything will go back to normal. Right? Right?
But for now, you'll have to excuse me. I think that's chocolate I see peeking out from under the couch.

2 comments:

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

I sent all my chocolate to church with the spousal unit, hoping that his Sunday School class would eat it all. They let me down. Maybe my Beehives next week... Then, not only do I benefit by not stuffing my face with candy, but I look like a really swell gal for bringing treats. (Well, right now, I guess I look like a Swell Gal anyway!)

Abby said...

Guess what I just read. And I, too am being completely serious here, Chocolate (Semi-sweet and Dark) are full of MUFA (monounsaturated Fatty Acids). They are actually among the foods that you can add to a sensible diet to help you LOOSE WEIGHT! One serving with every meal. Freaky, huh?