Thursday, February 21, 2008

Why Things Break in my House

I will now submit to you photographic evidence of the perpetrators of breakage and destruction in my home:

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Do you know why we're remodeling? Yes, there was water damage, and yes there were mushrooms growing in a certain exchange student's carpet that he didn't know about because his floor was buried in all his crud. The real reason, however, is so this chicky-babe can have her own bathroom. I'm going to be able to sit on a commode that is not dripped on. Tampons will not take the place of dynamite sticks in imaginary play. I deserve this. Examine the evidence, and I think you'll find my case is a compelling one.

7 comments:

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

I was sure that your beautiful mirror was going down in a blaze of glory. You do deserve your own special space of anti-kid-ness. So do I, but the only possible alone space is our downstairs closet and it's full of stuff. Dang.

Jenn said...

At least they are still smiling and blood has not been spilt. Good luck keeping them out of your room! They know where the armory is!

Allison said...

Your case is totally won in my courtroom! Hilarious pictures, btw!

Check out my sidebar under useful links and you'll see a link for "cute blogs. Go there and you'll see where I got my new background! Have fun, but be warned....changing the background and font colors etc. can be addicting! Allow plenty of time!

My Three Sons said...

Oh my....oh my...I feel your pain! I distinctly remember jumping on my brother's throat, yes, his throat in a similar situation to the one in the photos! (He was fine) I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU that you are getting your own bathroom. You deserve it SO MUCH! All of us gals who have all sons should at least have a toilet/tub sanctuary, I agree!

My Three Sons said...

p.s. were there really mushrooms?

EarlGirl said...

Yeah, no exaggeration. They were horrible fleshy growths 1 1/2 inches tall that looked like egg noodles. It was revolting. Seriously revolting. (shudder)

Abby said...

Mushrooms in your house, but hey, getting a new bathroom you are!