Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Go Barefoot Burgler, Go!

I mentioned that I absolutely HAVE to read the morning paper sipping herbal tea with WAY too much sugar every morning, right? I read any news story aloud that catches my fancy, and did I ever enjoy reading about the Barefoot Burgler this morning! His story isn't one I've shared with fam, but we've (I've) been following his progress back and forth across the state, admiring his daring and brazen ways. Leaving bare footprints on the wall indeed! I'm thinking about leaving a care package for him on my roof for the next time he flies across the state in a stolen plane.

2 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

A story like this makes me want to try a little harder with those few juvenile delinquents who come through my class each year.

Maybe if someone had tried a little harder with him when he was younger, it would have made a difference.

EarlGirl said...

I know, I know. It's especially sad that his mom is rooting him on. There's a piece of me though, that is thinking this is the ultimate coming of age adventure story of all time. It's a little piece, but there you have it!