Monday, June 11, 2007

My Harry Potter Theories

I think the reason Dumbledore trusted Snape so implicitly is because he what no one else knew about Snape. Lilly Evans was the love of Snape's life. I think when the Potters were killed, Dumbledore witnessed Snape's grief, and swore to keep that knowledge secret. Think about it: they both had a passion for potions, she was so bright but kind...I'm sure that's the way it was. I think that's another reason Snape hates Harry so much; he looks just like his dad.
I think the only way Harry can survive book 7 is if only his scar is the horcrux, not him completely. I'm going to guess that at the end, Harry will see a chance to sacrifice himself and take Voldemort with him. He'll be surprised when he should have died, but didn't. My theory is that when the little piece of Voldemort's soul is destroyed, his scar will disappear.

6 comments:

Allison said...

Interesting theory. Is the fact that Lilly Evans was the love of Snape's life just a theory, or did I miss that? I've only read the books through once...unlike many of my more devoted friends and family members, so I may just not remember. In any case, it makes sense that Snape would hate Harry so passionately because of that...love, after all, seems to drive behaviors with tremendous intensity. I do believe, that Snape killed Dumbledore because he HAD to...Dumbledore was telling him to do it. That's my sister-in-law's theory that also makes sense to me. Just thought I'd add that to the conversation!

Love the countdown to Book 7! Oh, and great job getting your blog up and running! :) Told you it was a piece of cake!!

EarlGirl said...

It's not a fact that Snape loved Lilly, just my idea. It think it would explain a lot- like why the chapter where snape calls Lilly a mudblood and has his pants pulled down is named Snapes worst memory (in book 5)

Shannon said...

We discuss this A LOT at work. The latest is that Harry's scar is the last bit of Voldermort that he left. Harry will be able to find all of the other ones but then have to allow himself to be destroyed in order to save everyone else.
That being said, I am impressed you have started a blog. I have 1/8 number of children you have and I can barely check my e-mail!

Kim said...

You are amazing!!! I want to be you when I grow up. Your family is very lucky to have you. I would love to come over and sit and observe you for a week. I'm having one of those weeks when I'm feeling like my kids would be better off without all my emotional inadequacies. I am waaaaay to serious and I don't play with them, read, or do anything except work on this silly house. HELP!?

Lee said...

Wow.. you have put a lot of thought into this. I don't think that much. I like your theory though. I think it could totally be true. I cannot wait for the book to come out!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Harry Potter rules my life! Honestly I don't know what I would do without his influence. Every decision I make is guided by his wisdom! As soon as his next book comes out I can finally decide on a profession!