Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Carving Pumpkins Earl Style

I have just one question for you: how do normal families carve their pumpkins? I really want to know, because what you're about to see is definitely NOT normal.

It starts off innocently enough, children roaming a pumpkin field.

"Eew, there's slime on my hand! What kind of sick American custom is this?" Still pretty normal, but wait......

They break out the power tools. Pumpkin flesh and gore are flying.

We've got some inappropriate enthusiasm going on here.


I don't even know what to say about this one. Definitely inappropriate enthusiasm.

Is that his head in the pumpkin, you ask? Why, yes, yes it is.

There is just no explanation for this one. I guess it's a pumpkin swirley.

There was a method to their madness after all. Pretty impressive, eh?

We end our Family Home Evening with a nice, reverent family prayer. What this photo doesn't show is the pitched battle that's occurring on my lap. Elbows are jabbing, heads are jostling to claim prime real estate. All five are fighting, go ahead and count them!

3 comments:

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

And yet, they look deceptively reverent. Remarkable talent.

The Bloxham Bunch said...

FUN!!! You all look like you had a blast---my favorite is the head in the pumpkin.

My Three Sons said...

awesome! I love the pumpkins, but mostly I love all the boys having fun together! What a fun time you must have had!