Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Photoshop Fun

Lewis bought me a cool camera when our house sold, and I've been having a great time figuring it out. So far, I have the point, click and focus parts pretty much down. Aperture, focal length and ISO are pretty much eluding me, but I'm trying. Yesterday I dove into the deep waters of photoshop. I watched tutorials on youtube, and had to pause them every few seconds and rewind over and over. Photoshop is like the mind of a woman, to a man. Unfathomable depths. You can totally screw things up with some errand click you didn't realize you even did. I had to restart things several times. But I'm learning. I'll get it, I promise. Here are some of my projects today:


I know some day soon I'll laugh at what a terrible job I did on these, but today, I'm proud of myself!

7 comments:

Kim said...

Understanding Exposure is a great book to read and reread. Also, go to Pioneer Women and read how she explains aperture. Her explanation was in female language. Also, BEWARE. Photography. IS. VERY. ADDICTIVE.

Kim said...

Oh your pictures are great. I LOVE BOKEH!!

EarlGirl said...

Thanks Kim! I had to look up bokeh, so I would know what you meant, so double thank you because now I know new word!

Lee said...

Looks great!! I need to make a trip up to Spokane.. want me to come play? LOL! miss you! I like the shots!

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

Whew! That one is a heart-breaker! I still say he looks like a young Edward; brooding, slightly tortured by an inner fire... (o: (Tell him that; he'll like it!)

They look great! Love you!

Gardener said...

Nice to see you! Surely you won't laugh too hard at yourself when you know more -- these are wonderful photos! I personally like mischievous twinkles more than brooding lights, but you've captured both.

Anonymous said...

Love them-great job! And those boys! Whew! Heartbreakers. :)